Me Myself and I
This art box includes creative projects for young people to express themselves through art. It is packed full of projects exploring the theme of Identity, be that through our face (in portraiture), our body or our varied emotions.
4 in stock
What is the Me Myself and I Box?
Our identity is the unique sum of all our characteristics. We are born with some of them – our gender, our ethnicity and our body. Others grow and change with us, as we grow. Our identity influences the decisions we make; the people we choose as our friends; the fashions we adopt; and the politicians we come to support. Many artists use their work to express, explore and question ideas about our identity. Identity matters.
The LoLA box is separated into three sections:
• Portraiture, and how artists see behind our facial surface to depict something deeper than the mere outside appearance;
• The Body, proportions and how it is central to facets of identity such as gender, sexuality, race and ethnicity;
• And finally, Emotions and Expressionism, a style of art where the artist focuses on expressing their inner thoughts and feelings.
GOLD winner of the Junior Design Awards for Best Creative Play (Arts & Crafts) 2022
What age are these projects appropriate for?
We would estimate these art projects are appropriate for young adults, aged 11 plus.
As always, art depends on the child’s interest, ability and maturity so if you feel like your 8 year old would be interested or if you’re a 34 year old and would enjoy the topic, go for it!
What's inside the box?
- A booklet introducing the theme, with information about artists, art styles and techniques.
- Clear instructions on art projects.
- Plenty of quality art materials.
What art materials will I receive?
This art box includes a set of acrylic paints, a paintbrush, a styrofoam sheet and sticky foam for printing, a set of skin-tone soft pastels, collage papers and a journal
My box is a gift, can I add a personalised card?
Yes! At checkout in the ‘Order notes’ section, please do let us know who the box is for, and any personal note you would like us to write for you.
When will my box be delivered?
Typically you will receive your box 3-4 days after ordering. Your order is processed in 48 hrs and posted using Royal Mail 48hr Tracked. You will receive an email with a tracking number, and can keep updated through the Royal Mail website.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 36 months – small parts. Potential choking hazards and sharp points. Do not ingest any items within the box. Adult supervision recommended.