Creative Colour Little Ones Art Cards
Artists tend to choose colours for the effect that they have on us. These art projects look at Keith Haring’s colourful dancers; pouring paint with Helen Frankenthaler; and a dot delirium with Yayoi Kusama! This digital download is delivered as a PDF, tailored for ages 3+.
What's the story behind Creative Colour?
People’s theories about colour could fill several encyclopedias! However, there are three ideas that are particularly useful for Little Ones – the idea of the colour wheel; of colour harmony; and of how colours are used. We explore these theories with three very different artists, Yayoi Kusama, Keith Haring and Helen Frankenthaler!
What will I receive?
A digital download including:
6 art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions to start independent creativity.
1 leaflet about the art theme and an additional activity
Some of the materials you will need at home for these projects
Black marker or Sharpie
Primed canvas board
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’.
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!