Why Creative Colour?
People’s theories about colour could fill several encyclopedias! However, there are three ideas that are particularly useful for Little Ones – the idea of the colour wheel; of colour harmony; and of how colours are used. This month we explore these theories with three very different artists, Yayoi Kusama, Keith Haring and Helen Frankenthaler!
What's inside the box?
6 x 20-minute art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions. These are focused on the process and experimenting, rather than on the end result itself.
1 Leaflet of extra ideas and LoLA recommendations.
Plenty of quality art materials for one child, with lots left over for your art supplies.
What materials will I receive?
Watercolour paint set
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’.
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!