What's the story behind Lovely Landscapes?
When painting landscapes, artists don’t always depict an entire outdoor scene. Sometimes they show a vast meadow while at other times they paint only the corner of a field. With these art projects, you may choose to show rolling hills in summer in California like David Hockney, build cityscapes out of simple shapes like Paul Klee or even an imaginary colourful landscape filled with wavy lines and spiral lollipop trees, just like Friedensreich Hundertwasser!
What will I receive?
A digital download including:
6 Art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions to start independent creativity.
1 Leaflet about the art theme and an additional activity
What materials will I need at home for these art projects?
A black marker / Sharpie
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!