What's the story of Lovely Landscapes?
When painting landscapes, artists don’t always depict an entire outdoor scene. Sometimes they show a vast meadow while at other times they paint only the corner of a field. In this box you may choose to show rolling hills in summer in California like David Hockney, or even an imaginary colourful landscape filled with wavy lines and spiral lollipop trees, just like Friedensreich Hundertwasser!
What's inside the box?
6 x 20-minute art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions. These are focused on the process and experimenting, rather than on the end result itself.
1 Leaflet of extra ideas and LoLA recommendations.
Plenty of quality art materials for one child, with lots left over for your art supplies.
What materials will I receive?
Giotti coloured markers
Watercolour paint set
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!