What's the story behind Fantastic Flowers?
We are inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe to create some beautiful oversized poppies of our own! Andy Warhol inspires us to cut, stick and stain our own beautiful abstract flower multi-media artwork. Lastly, we look at Finnish design house, Marimekko, which has produced many colourful prints over the years inspired by blossoms.
What will I receive?
A link via email to download a digital PDF including:
6 art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions
1 leaflet about the art theme and an additional activity
Some of the materials you will need at home for these projects
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!
Warning! Not suitable for children under 36 months. Adult supervision recommended.