What's the story behind Fantastic Flowers?
We are inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe to create some beautiful oversized poppies of our own! Andy Warhol inspires us to cut, stick and stain our own beautiful abstract flower multi-media artwork. Lastly, we look at Finnish design house, Marimekko, which has produced many colourful prints over the years inspired by blossoms.
What's inside the box?
6 Art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions.
1 Introduction to the art theme, with extra activities and LoLA recommendations.
Plenty of quality art materials for your child, with lots left over for your art supplies.
What materials will I receive?
Water-colour paint set
Any recommendations for related books or trips?
Andy Warhol’s Colors by Susanna Rubin, Chronicle Books
Georgia O’Keeffe (Little People, Big Dreams) by Isabel Sanchez Vegara, Lincoln Children’s Books
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!