What's the story behind Amazing Animals?
Animals have long been a favourite subject in art, both real and imagined. Part of their beauty lies in their versatility as subjects; they are often used as symbols, but they can also be majestic creative muses. Artists have depicted them in many different styles, and in these art projects we look at Dali and his elephants, Harper and his birds, and Marc and his blue horse.
What will I receive?
A digital download including:
6 art projects inspired by 3 different artists with clear instructions to start independent creativity.
1 leaflet about the art theme and an additional activity
Some of the materials you will need at home for these projects
Black marker or Sharpie
Sticky glitter paper
Tips for doing art with Little Ones
• Strip children down before you start, or have an outfit that is their ‘art outfit’
• Allow them to experiment with materials. Don’t be too concerned about producing a single final piece.
• Bring out one material at a time – this makes it less overwhelming, and lengthens the process!
• You can often use surprisingly simple materials to work with, like shaving cream, toothbrushes, kitchen brushes, toy cars … all things that you may well have at home.
• Never leave Little Ones alone with art materials!