Recently we bought the most beautiful book called Hello Funghi by Nina Chakrabarki. We loved the bright colours and the gorgeous illustrations, as well as the fascinating snippets of information – did you know that there were some mushrooms that glow in the dark?!
We love to create art inspired by books, and a recent post by the wonderful Laura Prietto about funny little Valentine ideas for children gave us an idea on how to use this book for some creative time!
- • Look at books and pictures or at real mushrooms – out in nature or even at the ones in the grocery shop! Look carefully at the shapes and colours of the mushrooms and patterns and designs on their skin.
- • Get out some nice watercolour paints – we love this set (which shhhhh is coming out in an upcoming box!), and a thick piece of watercolour paper that you can turn into a card.
- • Play around with the colours and the amount of water you use to create different water-colour painted mushrooms (don’t forget to leave some room for your words!). Why not add spots and stripes for fun decorative effects?
- • Now it’s time to write your cheesy message (in paint or in pen) – “There is so MUSHROOM in my heart for you!”
- • Leave to dry and give to a loved one this Valentine’s (or any time!!)